Book of the Day

Find this book in Easy Fiction at E BRA

Why Do I Have to Make My Bed? or A History of Messy Rooms  by Wade Bradford and illustrations by Johanna van der Sterre is a super fun book! I don’t know about you, but I know that no matter how fun I try and make it, picking up toys and making beds is just not a fun activity at my house. If you face the same dilemma, try this book out!

In this book, child asks the mother why he has to make his bed. He complains about the other chores that he already did and explains that his bed is just going to get messed up again. This reminds the mother of when she was a little girl. From then on, the author regales us with tales of generations past. As the story moves back in time, each generation describes the chores and types of beds they had to make. The book takes us all the way back to the caveman era!

In the end, the caveman mother finally explains that the reason why, is “Because I said so.” Parents will love to share this delightful romp through time with their young children as they continue to fight the why do I have to make my bed conundrum.

IMG_0899Check out this book

at the ECS Library

from the alligator!

One thought on “Book of the Day

1. Because I said so. Classic! I have got to get my hands on this one, it sounds like something I could use in my household. I love the idea of going back in time to the caveman era. Thanks for a lovely review.